The Water Conservation page is now on screen. It contains graphs and visualizations that may be difficult to read. Click here to close this page.
Storefront: Water Conservation
CONSERVING EVERY LITTLE DROP, FROM OUR STORES TO OUR MANUFACTURING PLANTS
Publix has been focused on water conservation within our own operations for many years. Since 2016, we’ve saved almost 63 million gallons of water per year through innovative projects, improved cleaning techniques, and proactive leak detection.
In addition, our irrigation specifications at our company-controlled locations ensure that:
- Reclaimed or well water is used whenever possible.
- Rain and soil moisture sensors are installed with automatic control gauges to determine when landscaping needs water.
- Irrigation systems are designed only after choosing plants and landscape design.
- Irrigation sprinklers don’t overlap into single zones.
- Drip irrigation and micro-sprinklers are used where appropriate.
Other water conservation efforts include installing low-flow faucets, toilets, and waterless urinals in our store bathrooms.