The Sustainability Awards & Recognition page is now on screen. It contains graphs and visualizations that may be difficult to read. Click here to close this page.
Customer Service Desk: Sustainability Awards & Recognition
RECOGNITION FOR DOING THE RIGHT THING
We’re grateful for the accolades we’ve received over the years for our accomplishments in sustainability; one of the most prestigious is The International Association for Food Protection’s Black Pearl Award. Our associates’ dedication to food safety helped us win this award —which can only be won once—in 2013.
However, our efforts haven’t stopped at food safety. Other awards we’ve earned over the years include:
- 2017: Jacksonville Energy Authority presented the Jacksonville Distribution Center with their Environmental Award.
- 2017: Ranked No. 3 on the Harris Poll Reputation Quotient Summary Report.
- 2017: Named among PEOPLE magazine’s 50 Companies That Care list.
- 2017: Recognized as a Feeding America Leadership Partner.
- 2017: Named as one of the Most Reputable Companies in the US by Reputation Institute.
- 2016: Ranked No. 1 nationwide in contributions to March of Dimes.
- 2015: Manufacturer/Distributor of the Year for being a Safe Quality Food (SQF) certified manufacturer, distributor, or primary producer who has shown a commitment to excellence through the SQF program.
- 2015: Innovation in Plastics Recycling Award for establishing ourselves as a leader in recycling rigid plastic.
- 2015: Leadership in Recycling Materials, Tennessee.
- 2015: Collier County Florida Waste Reduction Award.
- 2014: Store Certification Excellence award for achieving 26 GreenChill store certifications.
- 2014: Environmental Steward of the Year by Florida Recycle Today for outstanding recycling and recycling education programs, and serving as an industry leader for best practices in our facilities.
- 2011: Green Grocer, an annual salute of retail supermarket leaders who are blazing a green path.
Stores Recognized for Sustainable Practices: Two Publix stores in Montgomery County, Tennessee, received Green Certification from the Clarksville-Montgomery County Green Certification Program in 2015. The program’s mission is to help local organizations become better environmental stewards by saving resources, generating ideas, and continuously striving to improve.
Named one of the BEST: The Orange County Florida Utilities Department recognized Publix as one of their “Businesses for an Environmentally Sustainable Tomorrow” (BEST) partners for supporting efforts in water conservation in 2015.